The things you should know about Australia (part two) – day 9
Posted on March 19, 2013
6. the earth – is red because of the iron
7. food – Australians love food and wine. The most popular restaurants serve Italian, Chinese and Thai couisine. Australian’s food? Barbecue, of course. You can grill in many public parks. Thera are special places for that already equipped for people to use; with grill, tables… Just bring own food and fuel eg LPG
8. school holidays – start before Christmas. The autumn starts on the 1st of March
9. pubs – are called hotels! Historically only hotels were allowed to serve alcohol, that’s why many hotels are not really hotels but pub
10. beaches – are wide and deserted. AMAZING!